Box by Bus Terms and Conditions
To ensure the safe delivery of your shipment and the safety of our passengers, please review the following regulations regarding Box by Bus shipments:
Box by Bus does not guarantee on-time delivery of packages on any expedited service levels. At our option, Box by Bus will either refund or credit your charges upon request if service deficiencies exist after our most recent quoted delivery commitment.
The quoted delivery commitment may change for reasons including but not limited to the following: Carriers shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
- The act or default of the shipper or owner.
- The nature of the property, or defect, or inherent vice therein.
- Improper or insufficient packing, marking and labeling as set forth herein.
- The Act of God, public enemies, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, perils of navigation, the hazards or dangers incident to a state of war, or occurrence in customer's warehouse.
- The examination of a shipment, or partial delivery to the consignee of C.O.D. shipments.
- Accidents, breakdowns, bad condition of the roads, or other cause beyond the control of the carrier.
- Delivery at a non-agency destination or closed station, under instructions of the shipper.
- Difference in weight or quantity caused by shrinkage, leakage, or evaporation. The death, injury, or escape of live express.
- Loss or damage to express shipments that contain undisclosed prohibited items.
- Shipments with a longest side greater than 48 inches or with more than five (5) pieces will have additional transit time. Check here for transit time by service level and distance.
- Carriers do not agree to deliver express shipments in time for any particular market, occasion, or event, or on any particular lines and do not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any particular point at a specific time. Time schedules published by the carriers are the schedules that they attempt to maintain, but are not guaranteed.
- In consideration of the rate charged for carrying said property, which is dependent upon its value and is based upon a released valuation, the carriers shall not be liable for more than one hundred dollars ($100), unless a greater value is declared by the shipper at the time of shipment. In no event shall the carriers be liable for more than the actual damages sustained.
- Any shipments not permitted pursuant to Box by Bus Terms and Conditions or shipped in violation of Box by Bus Terms and Conditions are exempt from the Guarantee and are subject to full shipping charges plus any applicable penalties regardless of actual delivery.
The Carrier reserves the right to open and inspect shipments when deemed necessary and to refuse those improperly or inadequately packed, those damaged, and those containing articles prohibited for shipment.
The carriers also reserve the right to open and inspect shipments where necessary, to verify the description of contents shown on the waybill, and in the event the contents are found to be incorrectly described, charges will be collected on the basis of the proper description.
Shipments will NOT be accepted for transport if inspection is refused.
- The contents and/or nature of shipments must be identified by the shipper prior to shipment and must be described on waybill detail sufficient to enable the Carriers to ascertain:
- That the shipment, in whole and in part, is acceptable in Package Express service and does not contain Regulated Dangerous Goods.
- That the shipment meets the packing and marking requirements specified herein.
- The amount of the lawful rates and charges applying.
- Carriers reserve the right to open and inspect all packages tendered for shipment.
- The contents of the shipment must be destined to the consignee shown on the shipping label. Shipments containing letters, documents, or other parcels which are all assigned to different consignees and are all included in one container will be accepted only if the shipper pays full tariff for each parcel, unless otherwise specifically agreed upon in advance.
- All shipments must be packed in containers made of durable material and of quality sufficient to withstand handling in cargo holds. All packages containing FRAGILE or PERISHABLE articles must be marked in large letters accordingly, preferably with appropriate labels.
- Shipments that are not wrapped or packed in containers will be accepted only if they are of such nature that they will not damage or be damaged by other shipments and baggage.
- Fragile items must be packed so as to be separated by corrugated partition, individually wrapped in air-bubble plastic, Styrofoam™ sheets or pellets, or molded plastic. The interior must be completely filled with any of the above materials to prevent the items contained in the shipment from touching each other or the exterior shell of the container.
NOTE: The carrier does not assume responsibility for fragile items packed with clothing, linens or paper (crumpled or otherwise), which do NOT constitute packaging materials, and will not adequately cushion or protect fragile items.
Every package must have a shipping label on the exterior stating the full name, phone number and address of the consignee and of the shipper.
The following are the procedures to be followed when requesting a refund of Box by Bus shipping charges.
Refunds must be applied for by the customer within 90 days from the date of shipment.
No refunds of shipping charges will be made for Standard service level. If shipment is lost or damaged, reimbursement must be requested through the claims process.
If Box by Bus fails to deliver the shipment as contracted in any other service level, a refund of the total shipping charges and fees will be made to the paying party.
The Package Express Refund Department will process all refund requests except in cases of collect shipments, which are to be processed by the destination station.
To request a refund:
- Fill out Box by Bus Refund Form.
- Obtain a copy of the waybill.
- Select the desired method of refund.
- Email a copy of both the signed Box by Bus Refund Form and the waybill to email@example.com.
If email is not available, fax a copy of both the signed Box by Bus Refund Form and the waybill to 250.725.2876. If no fax is available, mail the above items to the address in the instructions on the form or visit our Contact Us page and contact Customer Service.
Claims are required to be filed in writing:
A Claim for loss or damage to a Box by Bus shipment will not be voluntarily paid by a Carrier unless filed in writing, with the Receiving or Delivering Carrier, or the Carrier issuing the waybill or the Carrier on whose line the alleged Loss or Damage occurred, within the specified time limits.
Minimum filing requirement:
- A communication in writing from a Claimant, filed with a proper Carrier within specified time limits containing facts sufficient to identify the Shipment(s) of Property involved.
- Asserting liability for an alleged loss or damage.
- Making claim for the payment of a specified or determinable amount of money, supported by receipts and/or invoices; and
- In the case of Baggage in Express Service shipments, the carriers reserve the right to require the original or a photocopy of the Passenger's copy of the Ticket purchased and used for transportation.
- A copy of the waybill, in support of the Claim for Loss, Damage or Delay of the Shipment(s); will be considered as sufficient compliance with the provisions for filing Claims.
Time limits for filing claims:
- As a condition precedent to recovery, Claims for lost Package Express Shipments must be filed in writing with the Originating or Delivering Carrier, or the Carrier on whose lines the loss occurred, within ninety (90) days from the time the Express Shipment was made.
- Carriers, parties to this Tariff, will be allowed a reasonable time in which to locate lost Package Express before making settlement, which will be not longer than sixty (60) days from the date of notice of such loss. The date on which the tracing form was received by the Carrier or Carriers' Agent will be considered as the first day commencing a sixty (60) day period before which a Claim will be settled by a firm offer or by a denial.
- Upon receipt of a written Claim for Loss to Package Express transported, the Carrier will either (1) pay, (2) decline, or (3) make a firm compromise settlement offer in writing, within one hundred twenty (120) days after receipt of the claim; provided, however, that if the Claim cannot be processed and disposed of within one hundred twenty (120) days after receipt thereof, the Carrier will, at that time and at the expiration of each succeeding sixty (60) day period while the Claim remains pending, advise the Claimant in writing of the status of the Claim and the reason for the delay in making final disposition thereof and the Carrier will retain a copy of such advice to the Claimant in its Claim File thereon.
- Concealed and/or Exterior Loss or Damage shall be reported in writing to the Delivering Carrier at destination within seven (7) days after delivery of the Property, and the Carrier shall be given the privilege of making an inspection of the Property. A Claim involving concealed and/or exterior Loss or Damage must be filed within ninety (90) days after delivery of the Property.
- A Claim involving concealed and/or exterior Loss or Damage must be filed within seven (7) days after delivery of the Property. Carriers shall have the full benefit of any insurance that may have been affected upon or on account of Package Express, which has been damaged or lost, insofar as this shall not void the policies or contracts of insurance.
- Any suit or action at law to enforce a Claim must be instituted within two (2) years and one (1) day after the date of notice in writing is given by the Carrier to the Claimant that the Claim or any part of parts thereof have been disallowed by the Carrier. Where a Claim is not filed or a suit is not instituted thereon in accordance with the foregoing provisions, Carrier will not be liable, and such Claim will not be paid.
Documents not constituting claims:
- Bad Order Reports, Appraisal Reports of Damage, notations of shortage or damage, or both, on waybills, Delivery Receipts, or other documents, or Inspection Reports issued by Carriers or their inspection agencies, whether the extent of loss or damage is indicated in dollars and cents or otherwise, will not, standing alone, be considered by Carriers as sufficient to comply with the Minimum Filing Requirements.
- Claims filed for uncertain amounts: Whenever a Claim is presented against a Carrier for an uncertain amount, such as "$50 more or less," the Carrier, against whom such Claim is filed, will determine the condition of the Shipment involved at the time of delivery by it, if it was delivered and will ascertain, as nearly as possible, the extent, if any, of the loss or damage for which it may be responsible; however, the Carrier will not voluntarily pay a Claim under such circumstances unless and until a formal Claim in writing, for a specified or determinable amount of money.
- If investigation of a Claim develops that one or more other Carriers has been presented with a similar Claim on the same Shipment, the Carrier investigating such Claim will communicate with each such other Carrier and, prior to any agreement entered into between or among them as to the proper disposition of such Claim or Claims, will notify all Claimants of the receipt of conflicting or overlapping Claims and will require further substantiation, on the part of each Claimant, of his title to the Property involved or his right with respect to such Claim.
- Delayed express: No claims will be paid on delayed express.
SIZE, WEIGHT AND VALUE LIMITATIONS
Size: The maximum weight per package is 100 pounds. The maximum dimensions that we can accommodate are 82" L x 47" W x 29" H.
The Carriers participating in these rates, rules and regulations reserve the right to refuse to accept a package if its dimensions, even though within the limits specified herein, exceed the size or capacity of the Baggage and Express Compartments of the available vehicles.
Weight: No single package will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one hundred (100) pounds in actual weight. Baggage in Express Service shipments may not exceed 75 pounds per piece.
Value: No single shipment (Prepaid, Collect, or C.O.D.) will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one thousand dollars ($450) in actual or released value. Released or declared value is the value agreed upon between the shipper and the carrier as evidenced by the uniform receipt given to the shipper by the carrier at the time of shipment tender or as agreed upon. With the exception of Baggage in Express Service shipments, excess value charges will be assessed for any shipment with value greater than fifty dollars ($50). Baggage in Express Service shipments will be assessed excess value charges for any shipment with value greater than fifty dollars ($50).
Excess Value Charges: Excess Value Charges will be assessed dependent upon the value declared in writing by the shipper or agreed upon in writing as the released value of the property, as found in the DECLARED VALUE section below.
PERSONAL GOODS SHIPMENTS
Personal goods shipments are defined as shipments primarily made up of items meant to be used for personal or household use. These shipments may contain, but are not limited to, household goods, clothing, furniture, and auto parts not being delivered to a commercial place of business.
Box by Bus delivers Personal Goods Shipments to ground level addresses only. In the event the recipient resides in a multi-story building, the shipment will be delivered to the ground floor entrance only.
Personal Goods Shipments can be scheduled for pick-up or delivery on weekends or holidays as well as after normal business hours. These scheduling requests require a four hour pick-up or delivery window. There will be a surcharge of $100 for after hours, weekend and holiday pick-ups and / or delivery requests for Personal Goods Shipments. Not available at every location.
EXCESS, OVERWEIGHT, OVERSIZE BAGGAGE IN EXPRESS SERVICE
- Up to a maximum of five pieces of Excess, Overweight, or Oversize Baggage will be accepted in Express Baggage Service at reduced rates, under the following conditions.
- Bag must not exceed size limit as listed above in the SIZE, WEIGHT AND VALUE LIMITATIONS section.
- Bag must not exceed 75 pounds in weight.
- Passenger must present proof of ticket purchase, to ship Express Baggage. Baggage may be shipped to destination shown on ticket only and at the same time as the passenger. Baggage sent ahead of the passenger will travel at normal express tariff rates.
- Baggage transported in Express Baggage Service must be prepaid.
- Actual rates for Express Baggage Service will be based on current Express Rate Zones. Excess baggage is at a discounted rate of $25-$43 each; depending on how far you’re going. For oversize and overweight baggage the discounted rate is $34-$52 each, depending on how far you are traveling.
- Maximum value for Express Baggage Service is $450 per shipment of up to five pieces. Free value allowance is $50. An additional charge will be assessed for any value over and above the $50 free allowance.
- Items shipped in Express Baggage Service are subject to the same definition of baggage as listed in the passenger fare tariff of Tofino Bus Services Inc.
- Baggage not meeting these conditions may be sent via Box by Bus Service at regular tariff rates and rules, or by another method of the passenger's choosing.
ARTICLES PROHIBITED OR SUBJECT TO SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport express shipments which, because of character, size, or weight, are obnoxious to passengers, or which are likely to be, or to become, objectionable to passengers or prospective passengers, or which are liable to cause injury to personnel, to baggage, to other shipments, or to the carriers' equipment.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport any item, material, or substance, the possession of which or the transportation of which is unlawful.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport package express shipments that indicate that the consignee's address in an Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO) number.
Explosives And Other Hazardous (Dangerous) Materials - Prohibited:
Packages or shipments which contain explosives or other hazardous (dangerous) materials, listed below, and any and all other types of explosives or hazardous (dangerous) materials that require a special diamond label WILL NOT be accepted for transportation.
- Batteries, Electric
- Batteries, Lithium and Lithium Ion (including lithium ion battery-powered personal transportation devices such as hover boards, balance wheels, electric smart scooters or intelligent scooters)
- Items Containing Liquid Acid
- Dangerous Materials or Goods subject to the transportation of dangerous goods regulations
- Equipment or other items containing gasoline, diesel or other flammable liquids or gases (i.e. generators, mowers, go-carts)
- Flammable Materials
- Fuel Tanks (Used)
- Gases in Cylinders
- Hazardous (Dangerous) Materials
- Hazardous Waste Materials
- Hover Boards (or any other lithium ion battery-powered personal transportation devices such as balance wheels, electric smart scooters or intelligent scooters)
- Liquids, Combustible, Flammable, Corrosive or Caustic - (including engines or engine cases that once contained oil or other fuel)
- Radioactive Materials
Other Prohibited Articles:
Packages or shipments which contain the following commodities, articles, materials, or substances WILL NOT be accepted for transportation.
- Alcoholic Beverages or Liquors, including Ale, Beer, Wine
- Animal Heads (see exceptions below)
- Animals, Live
- Antiques (see exceptions)
- Articles Packed in Wet Ice or Water (see exceptions below)
- Ashes of Cremated Corpses
- Automobile Windshields (see exceptions below)
- Firearms (including but not limited to rifles, shotguns and restricted weapons)
- Fluorescent Signs (Fabricated)
- Glass of any kind (see exceptions below)
- Insects, Live
- Materials Having a Disagreeable Odor
- Mattresses and / or box springs
- Money (Coins and Currency authorized as a medium of exchange by a recognized Government, including Treasury Bills, Notes, Bonds, and Credit or Debit Cards)
- Negotiable instruments (Items Convertible into Currency or Cash) (see exceptions below)
- Neon Signs or Bent Neon Tubing (see exceptions below)
- Paintings, in Frames, with Glass
- Pictures and Paintings, with Glass, in Frames
- Reptiles, Live
- Securities, Negotiable
- Snakes, Live
- Tobacco (see exception below)
- Wild Game
- Window Glass (see exceptions below)
- Windshields, Automobile (see exceptions below)
- Wine (All Types)
Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, the following articles, materials, or substances may be accepted for transportation only when packed, marked and labeled as prescribed and only under the conditions described:
- Shipments of Human Blood and Blood Components, when packed in wet ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority service level only.
- Shipments of Water and Environmental Samples, when packed in wet ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority service level only.
- Shipments of fresh or frozen food products, when packed in wet ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority service level only subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Shipments of Human Eyes or any other human tissue item, when transported for extraction, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority service level only.
- Negotiable Instruments, consisting of Checks moving between banks in the process of collection WILL be accepted for transportation.
- Box by Bus' liability for a shipment containing irreplaceable items and documents (passports, social security cards, birth & death certificates, photos, car titles, insurance documents, letters, tenders or bids, collectables such as stamps, etc) or other similar printed material is limited to the cost (which shall not include any amount of the value attached to the item) of replacing the physical items or documents, not to exceed $100 (One Hundred dollars) per shipment. In no event shall Box by Bus be liable for the face value of any such items or documents
- Box by Bus' liability for a shipment containing a phone card, gift card, ticket (for example a ticket to an event or a ticket for a plane flight) , gift certificate, coupon, or other similar printed matter with an exchange value is limited to the cost (which shall not include any amount of the value attached to the card, certificate, or coupon, or similar printed matter) of replacing the physical card(s) , certificate(s) or printed matter, not to exceed $100 (One Hundred dollars) per shipment. In no event shall Box by Bus be liable for the face value of any phone card, ticket, gift certificate, gift card, coupon or similar printed matter.
- Shipments of Payroll Checks, moving at the direction of an employer to his employee(s), WILL be accepted for transportation, subject to a limited liability not to exceed the cost incurred for the reconstruction or preparation of new Payroll Checks, but not the cost of transportation, in case of loss or damage.
- Shipments of glass of any kind will be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Shipments of Automobile Windshields, Automobile Window Glass, Neon Signs and Bent Neon Tubing WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Shipments containing liquid must be securely capped, sealed or otherwise closed to prevent possible leakage. The outside box or container must have orientation marking/labels affixed. Any articles packed in wet ice, or water must be packed in sealed, leak proof plastic pouches and contained, in turn, in sealed containers.
- Shipments containing non-flammable paint must be tightly and securely sealed utilizing lid clips, (not less than 5 Safety Clips on containers with a capacity of one (1) gallon, and not less than three (3) Safety Clips on containers with capacities of one (1) quart or one (1) pint and packed in outside boxes of adequate strength and durability and must have orientation markings/labels affixed.
- Shipments containing live bait WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Shipments containing flowers or live plants WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Shipments containing items commonly considered artwork WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Shipments containing items that are ceramic, glass, plastic or finished wood or items that contain ceramic, glass, plastic or finished wood WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Animal Heads, consisting of decapitated animals for the purpose of medical testing only will be permitted when properly containerized and not in conflict with bio-hazardous materials handling policy. These shipments are subject to Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage or loss.
- Shipments containing tobacco or tobacco products, as those terms are variously defined under applicable state law ("Tobacco Product Shipments"), are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are licensed and authorized to ship tobacco and tobacco products pursuant to applicable laws. It is the responsibility of the shipper to ensure that a shipment tendered to Box by Bus, including a Tobacco Product Shipment, does not violate any federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations applicable to the shipment.
- Bicycles must be dismantled and packed in a carton. Bicycle boxes are available for purchase at many Box by Bus locations.
- Electronics and Electronic Media items will be accepted for transportation under the following conditions:
- All Electronics and Electronic Media items must be shipped as a separate shipment and not comingled with other items.
- All Electronics and Electronic Media items must be shipped in Priority Express Service with proper labels and documents.
- Maximum declared value of CD, Videos, and Cassette Tapes for all shippers will be $50
- Electronics and Electronic Media are defined as, but not all inclusive of, the following:
- Auto, RV, Boating Accessories
- Blu-Ray Players
- Cameras CDs Clocks
- Cell Phones or tablets
- Computer Accessories and Software
- Electronic Appliances
- Electronic Business
- Electronic Components
- Electronic Media
- Electronic Medical Equipment
- Electronic Parts
- Electronic Testing Equipment
- Electronic Toys and Games
- Fax Machines
- Film Monitors
- Radios S
- Satellite Systems
- Stereo Equipment
- Shipments containing electronic equipment will be accepted with Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) on any damage claim unless in factory sealed packaging.
- Shipments containing used products WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value (i.e. zero declared value no matter if fee paid) and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage. This includes, but is not limited to; machinery, auto and agriculture parts, auto body parts, electronic equipment including computers, antiques, furniture and components and tools.
- Shipments must meet Box by Bus' packaging requirements as detailed in the "Packaging, Marking, Labeling and Conditions of Acceptance" section of Box by Bus' "Terms and Conditions". Box by Bus reserves the right to open and inspect shipments at anytime.
All other exceptions remain the same.
Shipments with declared or released value of more than $450 will not be transported. In all cases, the carrier's liability is limited to the actual value of the items lost or damaged regardless if a higher value was declared. For multiple piece shipments declared value will be evenly divided for each piece (i.e. $200 declared value on a four piece shipment would equate to $50 per piece). If a higher amount is required for a single piece, it should be tendered as a separate shipment with its own declared value.
VALUATION ALLOWED WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGES
The Rates are dependent upon the value declared in writing by the shipper or agreed upon in writing as the released value of the property, as follows:
|Value Declared (Zone shipments with the exception of Express Baggage Service||Excess Value Charge|
|$0 - $50||Free|
|$51 - $150||$5|
|$151 - $250||$10|
|$251 - $350||$15|
|$351 - $450||$20|
Note: Shipments containing items listed in the “ARTICLES PROHIBITED OR SUBJECT TO SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE” section as being accepted with Zero Release Value may be charged declared value charges. This does not supersede the restriction set in that section.
Charges for "Personal Shipments" and shipments of "Personal Effects" must be prepaid. These consist mainly of wearing apparel, house wares, books, and other articles for personal or household use, when shipped by an individual person to another individual person, or when the shipper and consignee is the same person.
Free Storage Time: Three (3) weekdays after notification of arrival, not including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Storage Charges: A charge in the amount of five dollars ($5) per day or fraction thereof, not to exceed one hundred and thirty five dollars ($135) for the first thirty (30) days will be made for each shipment. Items not picked up after thirty (30) days will be sent to a central warehouse to be processed for disposal. Additional charges will apply if a return of the items is requested before the disposal occurs.
- Liability limited by applicable tariff
- In the event of loss or damage to your package, carrier’s maximum liability is limited to the amount of actual loss or $50 whichever is less, unless a charge for insurance coverage has been paid for at time of shipping.
- Certain shipments are prohibited or uninsurable. The shipper must state the content and value of any parcel slated for transportation. It is possible to purchase an insurance coverage for up to $450 in value. The value exceeding $450 is carried at the shipper’s own risk.
- In the event of loss or damage to your package all claims must be submitted in writing to the carrier’s head office within 30 days from the date of shipment. Carrier is not obligated to act on any claim until all transportation charges have been paid.
- Damage claims must be received in writing within 7 days after delivery
- A proper piece of ID must be presented to order to receive a shipment
- A shipment using a single waybill can be made of up to 5 packages
- Tofino Bus the Island Freight Co. and Box by Bus, Same Day Shipping does not undertake to deliver parcels in a fixed timeframe.
- Liability for delay limited to refund of shipping base charges
- Carrier may open and inspect packages